First I’d like to wish each of you a very happy, healthy and prosperous New Year, fair winds and following seas.
The Holiday party is less than a week away on Saturday January 11th.
Don’t miss out on an evening of fun and frivolity, you must be signed up to attend by Thursday 9th so we have an accurate head count and enough food. You can RSVP on the website and either prepay online or cash at the door, or you can email Casey at firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you would like to participate in our fun gift exchange, bring a wrapped gift to the value of $10. We’ll be putting up the tent and decorating the club at 5pm Friday 10th, all volunteers are welcome.
Following our election we met last week for our monthly board meeting and established our 2020 Board of Directors. The the results are
- Commodore Michaela Draper
- Vice Commodore Chuck George
- Rear Commodore Alicia Starsong
- Treasurer Joe DuBose
- Secretary Judy Funk
- Port Captain Michael Gaines
- Director Liz Crabtree
- Director Daniel Starsong
- Director Brad Weinmann
- Director Christian Bay
- We have one director position open currently
- Membership – Liz Crabtree
- Race – Brad Weinmann
- Social chair position is currently open
As you can see we have 2 open positions, if you would like to volunteer for either or both of these please email me – Commodore@konasailingclub.org – it’s our members who volunteer that make our club work and a fun place to be.
Finally a few key dates for your calendar for the coming year
January 11th Holiday Party- don’t forget to sign up by Thursday
We will also be decorating for the party on Friday, and if your boat is in the parking lot, participation counts towards your discount.
Upcoming casual racing and social events (mark your calendars now!):
- February 23rd Sledgehammer
- Spring Series March 8th, March 22nd, April 5th, April19th, May 3rd
- Memorial Weekend Sail, formerly Kawaihae race May 23rd, destination to be determined.
- June 20th Bud Love’s Summer Sailstice followed by a pot luck.
- Fall Series August 30th, September 13th, September 27th, October 11th, October 25th
- Wahine Weekend November 14/15th
Keep your eyes peeled for more information about Coast Guard inspections and work day tentatively scheduled for February 8th and a fundraiser movie night for the Big Island Sailing foundation tentatively scheduled for March 14th.
That’s all I have for now.
Hope to see you all on Saturday!